De Peverel Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old ties and new friends

2 posters

Go down

Old ties and new friends Empty Old ties and new friends

Post  Corinna Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:58 pm

Corinna slides wearily down off the mare... her curls cascading free of her hat as it falls off ... leaning to recapture it, then turning to Beaker as he also dismounts.. crossing, laying her palm against his cheek... a warm smile..

the stop in the woods was well worth it my love.. even if it did delay our arrival ... now.. shall I get the fire going, and set that brace of partridges to the spit?

p'raps someone will happen along to direct us to the local taverns soon enough...

rising on tip toe.. her hand trailing down his chest for balance.. a gentle kiss.. and then back towards the wagon, where a sleepy Henri has just emerged... Enid and Hugh going about their respective tasks to set up the camp ... a withy basket with Ráichéal resting in it nearby

looking about the Green ... and seeing the hump of the barrow ... the memories of her visits to this Town before filling her mind.. as well as the faces of her old friends ...

Corinna

Back to top Go down

Old ties and new friends Empty Re: Old ties and new friends

Post  Wayland Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:13 pm

As his horse nears he sees that Iris's letter had not been wrong. Indeed it was som old acquaintances.

Slowing his mount he pulls to a halt, dropping off the saddle, and taking the reins in one hand. The other he holds out to the side to show he is unarmed as he walks forward.

Seeing th elooks of suspicion on their faces and the man's hand hovering by his sword he stops a good 15 paces away and drops to one knee, addressing Corinna.

'Captain, it has been a long time since we saw you on these lands. Bryn Madn still stands and it would be an honour to host you and your family there. News of your misfortune has reached my ears, and I have taken the liberty of having some rooms freshened, I am sure Gryff's old nursery will suffice for your children. Your loss also reached my ears. Knowing your friendship with my old commanders I have started a sword for you at my workshop by Smithy Gate. If you havest time in the morn I can take you down there and present you with a new blade if you husband there would not feel diminshed by his wife receiving such a gift from another'

He stays on one knee awaiting her response, feeling the eyes of all on him.
Wayland
Wayland
Admin

https://blackcompanytavern.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Wayland Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:17 pm

Beaker wrote:Beaker stretches his long legs and turns just it time to catch Henri running at him full speed. Beaker uses his son’s momentum to lift and raise him into an overhead arch, eliciting the usual screeches of delight from the young lad.

He looks over at Corinna and sees that she has gone still, watching. He follows her eyes to a man emerging into view, morning sun silhouetting him in a posture of open handedness. Beaker moves quickly to Corinna side and can see that she has gone on the ready too.

As he begins to speak Beaker watches Corinna’s face. Leaning close as the visitor finishes his welcome, “Seems I’m not the only one running into old acquaintances,” he says with a laugh.
Wayland
Wayland
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wayland Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:20 pm

Corinna wrote:surprised at being so addressed .. twas long since she had been an active part of the Black Company.. indeed since she and Beaker had had the joint memorial for Gemma and Grendell ....

this gentleman.. she thought twas Wayland.. one she had not spoken with much.. but knew of.. listening to the invitation... schooling her features to stillness..

her love's voice.. his warmth so close ...turning her head slightly.. meeting his eyes..

Aye so twould seem...

addressing the gentleman... Wayland... tis no surprise to see you here in Holywell.. this is my husband Beaker MacBratney.. ... my love, might I introduce you to Wayland de Peverel.. we had met while I was barbersurgeon for the Black Company..

her eyes lighting at the idea of a new sword.. but she had no money for such at this time.. the work of the Smith at the Smith Gate had gained renown in the kingdom .. though she had not known who the Smith was ... a shadow crossing her face at the thought of Gryff... wondering how he and Frey had fared after the loss of Myfawny .. perhaps Wayland knew

her eyes turning once more to Beaker... what say you my love... shall we rest beneath a roof this eve?

(copied from holywell forum)
Wayland
Wayland
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum